Monday- Cookie Day!
What you need….Cadbury Cookies!
125g butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups self raising flour
¾ cup CADBURY Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- CREAM together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour then fold through Chocolate Chips.
- PLACE teaspoonsful on greased baking trays. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 10-15 minutes
or until cooked. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Tuesday- Bun day (Rice Krispie, Rocky road squares, Cupcakes!)
Basic Bun Recipe- What you need
4oz Caster sugar
4oz Butter or margarine
4oz self-raising flour
Teaspoon of vanilla essence (optional)
Cream together the butter and sugar until it forms a pale yellow paste. Mix in eggs and vanilla essence. Sieve the flour and mix altogether. Spoon equal amounts into 12 bun cases. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until firm to touch and golden brown. Decorate with icing or melter chocolate.
Wednesday- Cake Day
What you need:
- 300g Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 300g Butter, at room temperature
- 300g Shamrock Caster Sugar
- 1½ tsp Odlums Baking Powder
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Food Colouring (Blue, Yellow and Pink)
For The Icing:
- 375g Butter, at room temperature
- 500g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Goodall’s Vanilla Essence (optional)
- Rainbow Jelly Beans
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease three 18-20cm/7-8″ sandwich tins and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat all the cake ingredients, except for the food colourings, to form a smooth soft batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly among three bowls. Stir a few drops of blue food colouring into one of the bowls to make a blue batter. Spread into one of the prepared baking tins.
- Repeat with the red food colouring in the second bowl to make a pink batter, and the yellow in the third to make yellow batter. Spread each into the remaining baking tins.
- Bake the tins for about 25-35 minutes until golden brown and the cake springs back when pressed. Turn onto a wire tray or cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the butter until smooth, then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Finally, beat in the vanilla essence, if using.
- Spread some of the buttercream filling over the base of the blue sponges, then top with the yellow sponge. Spread the top again with the buttercream, then top with the pink sponge.
- Spread the remaining buttercream over the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate the outside with the jelly beans until completely covered.
Thursday- Bread Day
Any type of Bread from Banana bread to Sourdough!
What you need: Cinnamon Bananna Bread
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 1 level teaspoon Goodall’s Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Odlums Bread Soda
- 150g/5oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz Butter (room temperature)
- 2 Eggs
- Few drops Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put sugar, butter and eggs into a bowl and beat until creamy, scraping down the bowl every so often.
- Add the bananas and vanilla essence and beat on low speed.
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon and soda into the mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until risen and golden brown or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire tray to get cold. Delicious served with butter.
Friday- Showstopper Day!
Use your imagination to create something amazing through cake, bread, cookies, brownies or use of them all. Your themes are ‘happiness’ or ‘Times like these’. I cannot wait to see some of the fantastic things that you make this week boys! Feel free to get parents and siblings involved! It’s all part of the fun and learning!