What is the Strengthening Families Programme?
The Strengthening Families Programme is a skills programme which gives parents and their children the opportunity to work together to learn new skills, improve communication and create positive relationships within the family
When and where does it take place?
The programme will be run 1 night a week for 12 weeks starting in October and finishing with a Christmas Event in December. The programme will be delivered in Boomerang Youth Centre, Fair Street Drogheda
What skills can I learn as a parent?
- How to communicate effectively with your child
- How to give direction and following through
- How to manage stressful situations
- Improving your relationship with your child
- How to set boundaries and stick to them
- How to set consequences and following through
What skills will my child gain?
- How to communicate more effectively with you
- Understanding their feelings
- How to manage upsetting situations
- Develop their social skills
- Understanding why boundaries are important
- Understanding consequences
Who delivers the training?
The training is managed by a committee made up of representatives from a range of Voluntary and Statutory Agencies and is delivered by the Programme Co-ordinator and a team of trained facilitators on a voluntary basis
How much will I have to pay?
There is no cost to a family to participate in this programme.
For further details:
Site Co-ordinator 0874145154
On Behalf of the Strengthening Families Steering Committee